Pyarmor, guard your python scripts

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Fri Sep 18 01:01:50 EDT 2015

On Fri, Sep 18, 2015 at 12:40 PM, Jondy Zhao <jondy.zhao at gmail.com> wrote:
> The loader only can see the compiled scripts as ast nodes, even if the load some tools could dump the separated ast node to bytecode and de-compile it, think of one script is divided into thousands of pieces, it's not easy to assemble them again.
>
> The final solution is to distribute the loader with encrypted scripts, only my own loader can run the encrypted scripts.

So anyone who's going to run your program needs your loader. If
someone wants to redistribute your code, s/he can simply distribute
the loader as well - and you're right back where you started. You have
still achieved nothing in terms of preventing redistribution.

Please do not do this. Not only are you not achieving the goal you
think you are, you're making a mess for people to have to deal with.

ChrisA