pyserial and threads

pozz pozzugno at gmail.com
Thu Sep 17 09:22:32 EDT 2015

Il 17/09/2015 14:00, alister ha scritto:

> I would like to know more about how many serial ports are connected

One real serial port and two virtual serial ports, created by com0com
(it's a free virtual serial port for Windows).

> what the equipment they are connected to does and expects.

Raw bytes arranged in a well defined protocol. I'm the author of the
protocol and equipments :-)

> I can see the data being transmitted snowballing & running away in a +ve
> feedback loop very easily.

No, because the byte received by first COM port is forwarded/transmitted
to all the OTHERS COM ports in the list.