how to build windows extensions for python 3.5

Robin Becker robin at reportlab.com
Tue Sep 15 09:32:16 EDT 2015

On 15/09/2015 12:38, Robin Becker wrote:
> On 14/09/2015 17:26, Mark Lawrence wrote:
>> On 14/09/2015 16:52, Robin Becker wrote:
>>
>> http://stevedower.id.au/blog/building-for-python-3-5-part-two/
>>
>> The most important thing is to have something to do while the Visual
>> Studio installation takes up 8G of your disk space and several hours of elapsed
>> time.  At least the installation went smoothly.
>>

> thanks
Mark's reference seems more directed at designers of the compilation steps for
the extension. From Zachary's comment it seems I should be able to build with
distutils without too much trouble.

However, I try to link bits of various libraries statically into the reportlab
extensions eg freetype.lib. Does anyone know if I will need separate versions of
those for VS2015? Currently I build with distutils for Python 27, 33 & 34.
Currently the .libs seem OK with both 2.7 & >=3.3 builds, but I notice from the
reference that all the code for VS2015 needs to be built with specific options
set, so will I need separate versions of the relocatable libs?
--
Robin Becker