Pyarmor, guard your python scripts

Grant Edwards invalid at invalid.invalid
Tue Sep 15 09:16:11 EDT 2015

On 2015-09-15, Chris Angelico <rosuav at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 15, 2015 at 7:21 PM, Jondy Zhao <jondy.zhao at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Pyarmor is dedicated to users who create their applications, components, scripts or any file with the help of the Python programming language. You may use this application to encrypt the files, in order to protect their content and your intellectual property, by encoding the scripts.
>>
>> The program allows you to encrypt files, but to also open and run
>> them as if no protection was applied.
>
> If they can be run as if no protection had been applied, that
> presumably means the loader is capable of decrypting them, right? So
> what's to stop anyone from reading the loader, using it to decrypt
> the actual code, and running it?

I rather expect the answer to that questions is "laziness".

It's like the lock on my front door.  It's not going to stop anybody
who really wants to get in, but it will prevent the idle curious from
wandering in and messing about with my stuff.

--
Grant Edwards               grant.b.edwards        Yow! Are we on STRIKE yet?
                                  at