Terminology: "reference" versus "pointer"

Ned Batchelder ned at nedbatchelder.com
Mon Sep 14 16:16:05 EDT 2015

On Monday, September 14, 2015 at 3:32:46 PM UTC-4, Akira Li wrote:
> Ned Batchelder <ned at nedbatchelder.com> writes:
> > What do you feel is missing from Steven's diagram?
>
> I don't feel anything missing because I don't expect the model to be
> more detailed.

Akira, you said, "neither models are detailed enough to describe
meaningfully the behavior of Python code in the general case."

I'm wondering what aspect of the code's behavior isn't captured
in this model?  I know you didn't expect it to be complete, but I'm
not sure what you think is missing.

--Ned.