How to set the history commands visible ?

Laura Creighton lac at openend.se
Mon Sep 14 05:55:52 EDT 2015

In a message of Mon, 14 Sep 2015 18:24:42 +1000, Chris Angelico writes:
>On Mon, Sep 14, 2015 at 6:01 PM, Laura Creighton <lac at openend.se> wrote:
>> Since you are a gmail user, you should be able to see this:

>> ...     print (i)
>> 0
>> 1
>> 2
>>
>> Now try to reply to me, quoting this in gmail.  Gmail will happily reflow
>> the lines above.
>>

>I, too, am using Gmail, and I simply selected those lines and clicked
>into the Reply box. No wrapping in evidence. Is it a problem specific
>to the mobile app? I'm using the regular in-browser form.
>
>Or does the wrapping occur at the next stage?
>
>ChrisA

It definitely was with replying to me with the regular, not browser
app.  I will be overjoyed to hear that gmail respects text-only

Thread stats here:
https://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-list/2015-July/694572.html

On the other hand, it may be related to one particular gmail user's
emacs settings:
https://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-list/2015-July/694657.html

except that I got the same behaviour from a different user, I forget
whom I asked to check this.  Clearly wasn't you ...

This may be a case of 'how pleasant to be wrong' ...

Laura