Terminology: "reference" versus "pointer"

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Sun Sep 13 16:48:18 EDT 2015

> I think Ben's referring to taunting jmf, whom Mark called the "RUE" or
> "Resident Unicode Expert". There has been a long-standing antagonism
> between those two (which is completely understandable), and one which
> often spills over into vitriolic posts (which is less acceptable).

Chris has it right.

What's especially unacceptable is invoking that person for amusement,
irrelevant to the conversation. It's one thing to respond when a person
comes into a thread to troll unbidden; it is quite another to taunt them
unprompted.

--
 \         “I call him Governor Bush because that's the only political |
  `\              office he's ever held legally.” —George Carlin, 2008 |