[Datetime-SIG] Are there any "correct" implementations of tzinfo?

Laura Creighton lac at openend.se
Sun Sep 13 15:40:03 EDT 2015

In a message of Sun, 13 Sep 2015 14:00:33 -0500, Tim Peters writes:
>> But I am not sure how it is that a poor soul who just wants to print a
>> railway schedule 'in local time' is supposed to know that Creighton is
>> using Winnipeg time.
>
>I'm not sure how that poor soul would get a railway schedule
>manipulable in Python to begin with ;-)

Via Rail will give you a schedule when you book your tickets.  But I
am wrong, it gives it to you in local time, which you can scrape or
even use the via rail api.  So it is the person getting off in
Creighton who wants to tell his relatives back in Halifax what
time he is arriving (in their time) (so they can call him and
avoid the hellish hotel surtax on long distance calls) who will
have the problem.

And this is the sort of use case I think we will see a lot of.

>Blame politicians for this.  I can assure you Guido is not responsible
>for creating this mess ;-)

:)

Laura