[Datetime-SIG] Are there any "correct" implementations of tzinfo?

Random832 random832 at fastmail.com
Sun Sep 13 14:15:58 EDT 2015

Laura Creighton <lac at openend.se> writes:
> But I am not sure how it is that a poor soul who just wants to print a
> railway schedule 'in local time' is supposed to know that Creighton is
> using Winnipeg time.

The same way they know that any other location is using whatever time it
uses. By the user having specified it (if the user's local time is wrong
they'll "obviously" know it as soon as the daylight saving transition is
supposed to happen but doesn't) or by checking the location against the
data at http://efele.net/maps/tz/canada/