Terminology: "reference" versus "pointer"

rurpy at yahoo.com rurpy at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 13 11:31:51 EDT 2015

On 09/12/2015 08:42 PM, Ben Finney wrote:
> Michael Torrie <torriem at gmail.com> writes:
>> On 09/12/2015 08:22 PM, Mark Lawrence wrote:
>>> You appear to have the same level of knowledge of Python internals as
>>> the RUE has of the Python 3.3+ FSR unicode implementation.  Let's have
>>> some fun, is Python pass by value or pass by reference?  It has to be
>>> more interesting debating that than the drivel that's gone before in
>>> this thread.
>>
>> Oh you are a devious one there! This should get good.
>
> No, it should stop there. Taunting trolls is no more welcome here than
> trolling.

Ben,

If the troll being taunted here is referring to me, I suggest
you review my posts in this thread,  You've said in the past
that you don't read posts from Google Groups (that's fine,
your choice) so perhaps you do not have a clear idea what I
have written.

One of the most effective ways for a community to discredit
itself is to make accusations of trolling in response to
unpopular but legitimate and reasonable opinion.