[Datetime-SIG] Are there any "correct" implementations of tzinfo?

Laura Creighton lac at openend.se
Sun Sep 13 08:24:33 EDT 2015

In a message of Sat, 12 Sep 2015 22:15:02 -0400, Alexander Belopolsky writes:
>I completely agree.  That's why I am adding test cases like Lord Hope
>Island and Vilnius to datetimetester.
>
>I will try to create a  zoneinfo wrapping prototype as well, but I will
>probably "cheat" and build it on top of pytz.

My question, is whether it will handle Creighton, Saskatchewan, Canada?
Creighton is an odd little place.  Like all of Saskatchewan, it is
in the Central time zone, even though you would expect it to be
in the Mountain time zone based on its location on the globe.
The people of Saskatchewan have decided not to adopt Daylight
Savings time.  Except for the people of Creighton (and
nearby Denare Beach) -- who _do_ observe Daylight savings time.

makes for an interesting corner case, one that I remember for
personal (and not economic, or professional) reasons.

Laura