Python handles globals badly.

Mark Lawrence breamoreboy at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Sep 11 22:43:37 EDT 2015

On 11/09/2015 06:15, Marko Rauhamaa wrote:
> Chris Angelico <rosuav at gmail.com>:
>
>> Personally, I like to use tab characters for indentation. You can
>> choose how many pixels or ems or ens or spaces the actual visual shift
>> is, and if I disagree with your choice, it won't affect anything. As
>> long as tabs are used _exclusively_, Python won't be bothered by it
>> either.
>
> Your preferred, novel usage of TABs, which runs counter to the age-old
> programming convention, has won enough supporters to make TABs unusable.
>
> No harm done. TABs have been banished. They were a bad idea in the first
> place.
>
> Marko

TABs might have been banished from some places, but certainly not
Python.  Of course you have to be careful or you run into problems with
this:-

TabError - Raised when indentation contains an inconsistent use of tabs
and spaces.

https://docs.python.org/3/library/exceptions.html#TabError

what you can do for our language.

Mark Lawrence