Python handles globals badly.

Gene Heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Thu Sep 10 22:19:14 EDT 2015

On Thursday 10 September 2015 20:33:03 Dennis Lee Bieber wrote:

> On Thu, 10 Sep 2015 12:04:05 -0700 (PDT), rurpy--- via Python-list
>
> <python-list at python.org> declaimed the following:
> >I also doubt there were more programming languages around in the
> >1970s than now, on the grounds that there were far fewer people
> >capable of writing a compiler or interpreter in those days, and
> >there were far fewer tools to help, or easily accessible knowledge
> >about how to do do it.
>
> 	Yet there were enough assorted semi-specialized languages in use on
> military programs to induce the DoD to run the competition for a
> singular language -- which became Ada.

And which should be noted that it has been a rather spectacular failure
in the commercial market.  Does that mean that those who can code in Ada
are working only for the military's suppliers, and because they are a
scarce commodity, writing their own paycheck? I don't know, other than
no one is publically bragging about it.

> --
> 	Wulfraed                 Dennis Lee Bieber         AF6VN
>     wlfraed at ix.netcom.com    HTTP://wlfraed.home.netcom.com/

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)