Lesson 39 of Learning Python the Hard Way hangs

John Gordon gordon at panix.com
Wed Sep 9 16:45:57 EDT 2015

In <mailman.280.1441823265.8327.python-list at python.org> Gary Roach <gary719_list1 at verizon.net> writes:

> Traceback (most recent call last):
>    File "/root/mystuff/mystuff/ex39_test.py", line 6, in <module>
>      hashmap.set(states, 'Oregon', 'OR')
>    File "/root/mystuff/mystuff/hashmap.py", line 50, in set
>      i, k, v = get_slot(aMap, key)
> TypeError: 'NoneType' object is not iterable

> Execution Successful!

Where does the message "Execution Successful!" come from?  It seems like
you have other code that you haven't shown us.

In any case, I saved your code and ran it, and did not get an error.

--
John Gordon                   A is for Amy, who fell down the stairs
gordon at panix.com              B is for Basil, assaulted by bears