PIP does not appear to handle diacritics correctly.

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Wed Sep 9 09:10:07 EDT 2015

On Wed, Sep 9, 2015 at 9:07 PM, Laszlo Lebrun via Python-list
<python-list at python.org> wrote:
> On Wed, 09 Sep 2015 00:22:31 -0700, wxjmfauth wrote:
>
>> Yes, I know how to fix all these problems.
>
> I know as well: have a user, which name is just plain ASCII.
> But it sucks to rebuild everything...

Don't bother responding to jmf - he's our resident Unicode troll. His
posts don't get through to me any more, except when someone responds
:) Not sure where they're getting blocked; probably at the news<->list
boundary.

You shouldn't have to restrict your username to ASCII. It's 2015, and
non-ASCII names should work everywhere. Anywhere they don't is a bug
to be fixed, and I'm confident the pip folks will treat this with the
respect it deserves.

ChrisA