Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Wed Sep 9 03:24:37 EDT 2015

On Wed, Sep 9, 2015 at 4:37 PM, Nick Sarbicki <nick.a.sarbicki at gmail.com> wrote:
> My question then is do you reply to all (with a clean cc list but including
> an OP from outside the list) in response to a persons question, even if the
> question is relatively simple.
>
> For me it's appreciated so that you know someone is dealing with it. But
> then it can also result in flooding your inbox.

Personally, what I do (which I'm doing with this post) is to use
Gmail's "reply-all" feature, and then manually delete the individual
addresses. Sometimes, half way through writing up a post, I decide to
send it privately rather than to the list, and then I delete the list
rather than the author. (Not usually with this list, though; more
often with Savoynet, where private replies are more common, and
there's no newsgroup equivalence.)

ChrisA