Need Help w. PIP!

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Wed Sep 9 01:53:11 EDT 2015

On 9/8/2015 6:19 PM, Cody Piersall wrote:

> On Sat, Sep 5, 2015 at 3:14 AM, Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn
> <PointedEars at web.de <mailto:PointedEars at web.de>> wrote:
>  >
>  > Cody Piersall wrote:
>  >
>  > > Please respond to the list as well as the person you're actually
> talking
>  > > to.  It works out better for everyone that way.   (You should just
> have to

[Reply] should send the reply to the list.

>  > “Better” as in “getting/reading/downloading the same message *twice*”?
>  >
>  > The rule of thumb is: write here, read here.
>
> Some people email the list, but aren't subscribed to it.  So I guess a
> better rule is to just reply-to-all for the OP?

Please no, not as a routine.  I intentionally read python-list as a
newsgroup via gmane.news.org so I can pick messages as I feel like
without my mailbox being flooded.  Anyone who want to read responses to
something they send can do so via gmane.  Also, [Reply All] tends to
collect multiple CC names, and most people don't have the curtesy to
properly prune it.

--
Terry Jan Reedy