Python handles globals badly.

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Tue Sep 8 21:26:55 EDT 2015

Mario Figueiredo <marfig at gmx.com> writes:

> Note:
> You know, it is a pointless exercise to try and downplay programming
> languages (any programming language) that has proven its worth by
> being generally adopted by the programming community. Adoption is the
> sign of a respected and well designed language.

I can think of numerous widely-adpoted languages that disprove that
assertion, by nevertheless being poorly-designed languages that are
loathed by the vast majority of programmers who use them.

On the other hand, I think there is merit in an argument that runs the
other way: the quality of languages that a community adopts are
predictive of the quality of programs that community will produce.

--
 \      “It's up to the masses to distribute [music] however they want |
  `\    … The laws don't matter at that point. People sharing music in |