PIP does not appear to handle diacritics correctly.

Mark Lawrence breamoreboy at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Sep 8 18:35:33 EDT 2015

On 08/09/2015 20:14, Laszlo Lebrun via Python-list wrote:

> Dear group,
> I do use Windows 7 and have a user name with diacritics.
>
> Whenever I am querying an extension with pip, it will fail since it does
> not pass on the user folder correctly.
> I thought PIP deals well with unicode, doesn't it?
>
> Has anyone a clue how to fix it?
> Thank you

Can you please cut and paste exactly what you tried and the failure
messages, as there's a lot of smart people around here but we're not
mind readers :)  Which Python and pip version are you using?  Did you
install pip yourself or did it come with your Python installation?

what you can do for our language.

Mark Lawrence