Trying pmw with python3: Lots of crashes!

Paulo da Silva p_s_d_a_s_i_l_v_a_ns at netcabo.pt
Sun Sep 6 14:47:25 EDT 2015

Hi!

I took a look at tkinter. It is pretty simple but it's very hard to
construct some relatively more complex widgets.

So I looked at pmw.
Because my system only have pmw for python2, I downloaded pmw2 from its
site and installed it manually using pysetup.py install.

Trying the examples ...:
Some run fine.
Some just segfault!
Others crash with the folloing message:
	"No such Pmw version 'on3-pmw-doc'. Using default version '2.0.0'"

Is there anybody using pmw who can explain possible reasons for this?

Should I use it for small apps that need:
	1 or more canvas scrollable windows?
	1 scrollable list with several (few) column editable fields?

Do I need to go to more complex system like wxwidgets or pyside (QT)?
I looked at the last one but, from the 1st steps, it seems too complex.

Thanks.