Program in or into (was Python handles globals badly)

Rustom Mody rustompmody at gmail.com
Fri Sep 4 23:18:08 EDT 2015

On Saturday, September 5, 2015 at 7:24:47 AM UTC+5:30, Chris Angelico wrote:
> Indeed. The key to being a good programmer is not "write your code
> despite the language you're using", but "write the code in the
> language you're using".

A thought experiment for you Chris!

Here's mergesort written in various languages
http://rosettacode.org/wiki/Sorting_algorithms/Merge_sort

You could look at the java if you like but I think C# takes the cake.
And of course also there's the python

Now the thought experiment:

For some reason you need to code in C#
[You need to do this part of the experiment honestly!!]

Would you write the C# code?
Or would you write the python-ish code in C# ?