Need Help w. PIP!

Steve Burrus steveburrus28 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 4 23:07:44 EDT 2015

On Friday, September 4, 2015 at 9:20:14 PM UTC-5, Rob Hills wrote:
> On 05/09/15 08:55, MRAB wrote:
> >>>
> >> <..>

> >> It's a long time since I last used Windoze in anger, but that second
> >> path entry (C:\Python34\python.exe;) looks wrong to me.  Unless Windoze
> >> has changed recently, you shouldn't have a program name in your path.
> >> IIRC, that's going to break all path entries that follow it, so it could
> >> be the cause of your problem (ie the "C:\Python34\Scripts;" part won't
> >> be accessible.
> >>
> >> Perhaps try deleting the "C:\Python34\python.exe;" entry from your PATH
> >> environment variable and see what happens.
> >>
> > It should be a list of folder paths. Including a file path doesn't
> > appear to break it, and, in fact, I'd be surprised if it did; it should
> > just keep searching, much like it should if the folder were missing.
>
> You're probably right, but my recollection of Windoze is that it was
> very easily broken, hence my migration to Linux many moons ago.  I
> reckon it wouldn't hurt to try getting rid of the invalid path entry anyway.

well everyone there must be sometjhing about upgrading Python up to version 3.5 rc because everything works just fine now, beyond my wildest dreams! I am even able now to type in "pip" and get the usual info. on it and I have connected to the Django server and configured the admin so thanx for eveyone who tried to help me.