Python Package installation causing [Error 13] Permission Denied on Windows 7

moinakb at gmail.com moinakb at gmail.com
Fri Sep 4 05:36:55 EDT 2015

I am running Python 3.4 on Windows 7 and is facing [Error 13] Permission Denied while installing Python packages such as SciPy, NumPy etc; here are the facts that I tried but failed:
1.	I have admin privileges in my machine
2.	The folder where pip/easy_install copies contents have full write for the user
3.	I have tried Powershell with Unrestricted/RemoteSigned options
This is the line in *.py code that is causing exception

with open(target, 'wb') as f:
                    f.write(data)

What do I need to do to make this work? I am a windows domain user and obviously cannot run scripts with domain admin privileges.