Porting Python Application to a new linux machine

Christian Gollwitzer auriocus at gmx.de
Fri Sep 4 01:43:19 EDT 2015

Am 03.09.15 um 16:32 schrieb Heli Nix:
> I have my python scripts that use several python libraries such as
> h5py, pyside, numpy....
>
> In Windows I have an installer that will install python locally on
> user machine and so my program gets access to this local python and
> runs successfully.
>
> How can I do this in Linux ? ( I want to install python plus my
> program on the user machine.) I do not want to use the user´s python
> or to install python on the user´s machine on root.

Another variant is the use of pyinstaller. It can generate a single
directory with a copy of Python and all needed libraries. You can copy
that to a different machine, and often it works - unless libc or some
very basic library is different. Beware that this pulls in half of your
system, so you'll end up with ~100 MB.

	Christian