Need Help w. PIP!

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Thu Sep 3 23:16:00 EDT 2015

On Fri, Sep 4, 2015 at 1:07 PM, Steve Burrus <steveburrus28 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thursday, September 3, 2015 at 8:55:52 PM UTC-5, Chris Angelico wrote:
>> On Fri, Sep 4, 2015 at 11:04 AM, Steve Burrus <steveburrus28 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> > I have tried the 'python get-pip.py' command over amnd over again in my command prompt and the 'python easy-install.py" command a little less. I swear I have set ALL of the env. variables correctly! My OS is Windows 10 Beta Preview Build 10074.
>> >

>> What happens if you type "python -m pip" ? Or "python3 -m pip"? Does
>> that invoke pip?
>>
>> ChrisA
>
> Well chris when I typed in"python -m pip" it worked but nopt with "python3
> - m pip"! Why do you think that is?

As Mark says, you're forcing us to use our crystal balls here. Just
whether or not something "worked" is not sufficient; what happened? In
XKCD 722 terms, what is the pattern of lights, and what are you
expecting it to be?

If I had to guess, I would suspect a problem with pathing in your
Python 3 installation.

ChrisA