Python handles globals badly.

Mark Lawrence breamoreboy at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Sep 3 20:47:32 EDT 2015

On 04/09/2015 01:06, Michael Torrie wrote:
> On 09/03/2015 01:05 PM, tdev at freenet.de wrote:
>
>> [The same e.g. with switch statement: add it]
>
> Switch is a nice-to-have thing, but definitely not essential. A PEP here
> (probably already has been several) would at least be read anyway.
> However, there are several idiomatic ways of accomplishing the same
> thing that are often good enough and familiar to any Python programmer
> out there.  Since functions are first-class objects, often a dispatch
> table is the best way to go here.

https://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-3103/ "A Switch/Case Statement" by
Guido van Rossum, "Rejection Notice - A quick poll during my keynote
presentation at PyCon 2007 shows this proposal has no popular support. I
therefore reject it".

https://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0275/ "Switching on Multiple Values"
by Marc-André Lemburg, "Rejection Notice - A similar PEP for Python
3000, PEP 3103 [2], was already rejected, so this proposal has no chance
of being accepted either."

what you can do for our language.

Mark Lawrence