Python handles globals badly.

Ian Kelly ian.g.kelly at gmail.com
Thu Sep 3 12:15:28 EDT 2015

On Thu, Sep 3, 2015 at 7:22 AM,  <tdev at freenet.de> wrote:
> I think this has lead to some confusing.

I don't think so.

> First topic:
> "sharing globals between modules"
> Where globals is meant as vars used throughout the app.
>
> This is the topic why Skybuck starts the thread.
> And yes I agree globals can be bad design
> and it is solved via outsourcing to an extra module and used via imports.
>
> I misinterpreted this topic a little by thinking
> the focus is more about the use of the badly "global" keyword
> (in my point of view) and added therefore my post here as

The only person whom I see talking about this in this thread is you
disclaiming that you're not talking about it. (And I guess Skybuck is
talking about it, but I don't see those.)

> Said that, I will not respond to comments about sharing globals

> Said that, I will not respond to comments about using OO
or about comparisons made with other languages.

I don't know what comments about using OO you're referring to either.
I only see one suggestion to use classes, and you've already responded
to that. As far as comparisons to other languages, you're the one who
brought up the comparison to Java in the first place.

You seem to be spending a lot of time talking about what you won't
talk about, and very little time talking about your proposal, such as
by what magic you expect the compiler to distinguish globals from
locals without declarations.