Strange location for a comma

Laura Creighton lac at openend.se
Thu Sep 3 08:40:34 EDT 2015

In a message of Thu, 03 Sep 2015 14:20:06 +0200, "ast" writes:
>Hello,
>
>At the end of the last line of the following program,
>there is a comma, I dont understand why ?
>
>Thx
>

>from cx_Freeze import setup, Executable
>
># On appelle la fonction setup
>setup(
>    name = "salut",
>    version = "0.1",
>    description = "Ce programme vous dit bonjour",
>    executables = [Executable("salut.py")],    #  <--- HERE
>)

In python a tuple consists of a number of values separated by commas.
see: https://docs.python.org/3/tutorial/datastructures.html#tuples-and-sequences
or https://docs.python.org/2/tutorial/datastructures.html#tuples-and-sequences
for Python 2.

The round parentheses aren't significant.

So:

>>> def Executable(arg):
...     return arg
 >>> executables = [Executable("salut.py")],
 >>> executables
 (['salut.py'],)

Laura