Detection of a specific sound

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Tue Oct 27 02:00:47 EDT 2015

On Mon, Oct 26, 2015 at 1:54 PM, Dennis Lee Bieber
<wlfraed at ix.netcom.com> wrote:
>         One difficulty -- there is no standard "smoke alarm" sound... While
> they are using piezo-electric buzzers, the control processor may cycle the
> buzzer in different patterns from maker to maker, or slightly different
> pitches.

Maybe not, but since most smoke alarms have a simple "Test" button, it
should be possible to have the program record a sample of the alarm
it's listening for. That would make detection easier.

I personally have no idea how it would work, but in theory, this
should be equivalent to voice navigation - use the same kind of code
that detects spoken commands, just with a different "language".

ChrisA