teacher need help!

Michael Torrie torriem at gmail.com
Tue Oct 20 13:39:34 EDT 2015

On 10/20/2015 10:25 AM, Storey, Geneva wrote:
> FYI-We formatted the machines, reinstalling everything, including
> Python.  I works with no problems now.  Confusing that this would
> happen on 3 out of 13 machines.  Just letting you know, all is well.
> Thank you for your help! Geneva

Wow that seems rather drastic.  Your tech never found the errant
turtle.py files?

If this problem happened before, it's bound to happen again, and like
has been mentioned, the problem is simply a matter of a student's
"turtle.py" file being saved to a place where it interferes with
Python's own turtle.py file.

In fact I would recommend you encourage your students to not use the
name "turtle.py" when saving files.  Even one in the same directory as a
file that imports turtle will shadow the system one.  Will save you pain
and suffering anyway.