Defamation

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Mon Oct 19 12:31:39 EDT 2015

On Tue, Oct 20, 2015 at 3:28 AM, Laura Creighton <lac at openend.se> wrote:
>>Even if the page were to be removed, the same content has already been
>>posted to myriad news servers the world over, many of which archive
>>all posts. There's no way to remove it from everywhere.
>>
>>ChrisA
>
> Actually, this one was part of a huge set of defaming articles sent a
> year ago we were requested to remove, and did.  European Law may
> require us to do so.  I checked, and this article wasn't one on
> our list, which is why we missed this one.

It's still impossible to remove it from _everywhere_. Whether that
makes it pointless to remove it from the python-list archive is a
matter for debate, and as several have pointed out, such removal can
be done; but there will be other archives elsewhere, so the content is
still out there and visible.

ChrisA