Defamation

Ian Kelly ian.g.kelly at gmail.com
Mon Oct 19 11:01:37 EDT 2015

On Mon, Oct 19, 2015 at 8:36 AM, Michael Torrie <torriem at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Mon, Oct 19, 2015 at 7:31 AM, gaini2002--- via Python-list
>> <python-list at python.org> wrote:
>>> Please remove the page
>>
>> That page is just spam that someone sent to the newsgroup/mailing
>> list. You can ignore it, same as the rest of us do.
>>
>> Even if the page were to be removed, the same content has already been
>> posted to myriad news servers the world over, many of which archive
>> all posts. There's no way to remove it from everywhere.
>
> Guess spam filtering is getting good as I don't recall ever seeing the
> original message last year, thank goodness. The message in question is
> not just ordinary spam.  It is very specific spam, focused entirely on
> one person, claiming all kinds of bizarre things, with the intent to
> skew google search results to show this message when people search for
> that name.  Clearly the post is from a mentally ill person as it barely
> makes much sense.
>
> While it's true that this message has now been duplicated across Usenet,
> it certainly can be removed from the pipermail archives.  The OP can
> email python-list-owner at python.org and request it.  It may not happen
> but it doesn't hurt to ask.

Which is the same thing the OP was told the last time he posted a
removal request publicly to this list. I do note that the subject of
the previous request appears to have since been removed.

I've taken the liberty of forwarding this request on to
python-list-owner, on the theory that this will be more useful than
discussion about it here.