teacher need help!

Michael Torrie torriem at gmail.com
Sun Oct 18 22:02:04 EDT 2015

On 10/17/2015 05:46 PM, Storey, Geneva wrote:
> I am teaching a coding class to students grades 7-12.  We have been
> using Python, which seems to be a perfect fit.  Everything was going
> great until this week when I began teaching turtle.  Suddenly, of the
> 13 computers that I have, 3 began giving the message on the above
> screen shot.  This is a problem since I have 24 students!  I have
> uninstalled and reinstalled and done all that I know to do.  Any
> suggestions?

That's wonderful that your students are working with Python. The others
have already answered your question (which is to remove turtle.py from
the system32 directory).  I am just posting to direct you to a possible
resource I just discovered that may be useful on occasion:

http://www.skulpt.org/

This is an implementation of Python in the browser (unfortunately it's
not version 3.x) that implements turtle.  Most of the online python
implementations I've seen don't allow turtle to run.

Since it's not Python 3, it's usefulness to you is probably limited.

Hope you'll report things are back to working order Monday.