Pyvenv use

Gary Roach gary719_list1 at verizon.net
Thu Oct 15 12:39:58 EDT 2015

Hi all,

I needed to switch a projects from python 2.7 to 3.4 and had trouble
setting up the virtual environment using the virtualenvwrapper utility.
It seemed to want to install python 2.7 no matter what I did. I switched
to pyvenv which solved the problem. But I now need to completely clean
out the virtual environment and can't seem to figure you how to do this.
The utilities like lsvirtualenv and rmvirtualenv are not available and I
can no longer find a .vertualenv file. Is anyone conversant enough with
pyvenv to help. There are several howto's showing how to use pyvenv to
set up a virtual environment but nothing showing how to locate and clean
house afterwards. The --clean may work but requires a reinstall. The
resulting environment gives error messages when I try using pip to
reinstall django or python. Further, trying to start a new project with
django-admin.py loads the bin, include and lib directories into the
project instead of the normal django setup.

django 1.8
Debian 8 (jessie) OS
python 3.4

Any help will be sincerely appreciated.