Stylistic question regarding no-op code and tests

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Wed Oct 14 22:07:15 EDT 2015

Jason Swails <jason.swails at gmail.com> writes:

> What I recently realized, though, that what this construct allows is
> for the coverage testing package (which I have recently started
> employing for my project... thanks Ned and others!) to detect whether
> or not both code paths are covered in the test suite.

Coverage.py has, for many releases now, had good measurement of branch
coverage by your tests. Enable it with the ‘--branch’ option to ‘run’
<URL:https://coverage.readthedocs.org/en/latest/branch.html>.

--
 \          “They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little |
  `\            temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.” |