Python for Dummies exaple

Steve Hayes hayesstw at telkomsa.net
Wed Oct 14 13:48:37 EDT 2015

On Wed, 14 Oct 2015 12:32:33 GMT, NewsLeecher User
<newsleecher at spam.com> wrote:

>> Il giorno mercoled=EC 14 ottobre 2015 12:04:30 UTC+2, Chris Angelico ha scr=
>> itto:
>> > =20
>> > You need to tell us what the error is :)
>> > =20
>> > But, looking in my crystal ball, I find a hint that you're using
>> > Python 3 and a book that's teaching an older version of Python.
>> > Solution: Get a better book.
>> > =20
>> > ChrisA
>>
>> And using the same cristal ball, assuming you are using python 3.x, put bra=
>> ckets around the arguments of print like:
>>
>> print(countdown)
>> print("Hello, my name is", self.myname)
>>
>> etc.
>> forget for the moment about the ending comma.
>
>Thanks for the reply.
>Oh i did not look good enough that the examples are written in python 2.7
>But there are also good things explaning in the book so i will keep it.

I found all the Python books available dealt with version 2.x, so
eventually I installed that for the purpose of learning Python.

It's much easier, and you don't have to spend hours searching online
for differences between 3.x and 2.x just to find what caused an error
in an example script.

Once you've l;earnt it, then you can start learning the differences,
and maybe by that time there will be a book that deals with 3.x, but
until there is, it's just not worth the hassle unless you're seriously
into Unicode.

--
Steve Hayes from Tshwane, South Africa
Web:  http://www.khanya.org.za/stevesig.htm