Execute Python Scripts

Ian Kelly ian.g.kelly at gmail.com
Wed Oct 14 13:46:32 EDT 2015

On Wed, Oct 14, 2015 at 11:04 AM, Cai Gengyang <gengyangcai at gmail.com> wrote:
> So I am going through this article on Python for newbies ---http://askpython.com/execute-python-scripts/

That looks like a terrible resource. There are plenty of tutorials and
books out there that are actually good. I suggest starting with the
tutorial from the Python docs:

https://docs.python.org/3/tutorial/index.html

> Pleasure to meet you ... I am using a Mac OS X Yosemite Version 10.10.2 Operating System.
>
> Is the command line on this operating system the "Terminal" (black screen) ?

Yes. You will also need to "cd" to the same directory where you saved
the script. For example, if you saved it to your Documents directory,
then type "cd Documents" at the command line.

You might also want to read a tutorial on the Mac OS X command line,
e.g.: http://blog.teamtreehouse.com/introduction-to-the-mac-os-x-command-line