request

Zachary Ware zachary.ware+pylist at gmail.com
Tue Oct 13 23:47:45 EDT 2015

On Tue, Oct 13, 2015 at 5:45 AM, Uday Pethakamsetty
<Uday.Pethakamsetty at infor.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I am working on python 2.x for long time.
>
> I thought of testing python 3.5 for possible usage.
>
> The problem is that when I installed python 3.5, all the pip installs are
> directing to python 3.5, instead of my native python 2.7.
>
> I heard of a feature called pylauancher; but I didn’t find any satisfying
> documentation on it.
>
> Either pylauncer, or something else Solution—could you help reply the
> possible solution to work comfortably on either versions, without
> interfering, in my windows 64 bit machine.

The Python Launcher for Windows is installed by default with Python
3.3+.  It should be on your PATH, and is called 'py.exe'.  It will
launch any Python it can find in the registry, including Python 2.7.
To use it to install something to the global Python 2.7 site-packages,
do `py -2.7 -m pip install <package>`.

Hope this helps,
--
Zach