Some Help getting started

jogaserbia ivanjankovic at live.ca
Tue Oct 13 11:59:09 EDT 2015

Hi Glenn,

Welcome to the community and thank you for creating this module.  It's great you want to get this going in Python (3?).

A couple of things:

1) I looked at the github repo.  You do not have anything to be deployed there.  Actually, that repo has nothing to do with python as of yet, aside from the init and setup files.
2) What are you trying to achieve with the pip install -e?
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/18068077/format-error-when-using-pip-install-e-from-github-value-of-using-egg
http://pip.readthedocs.org/en/stable/reference/pip_install/#editable-installs
I have never used the -e, so someone else might be able to chime in.  Also, .egg is in your .gitignore file.
3) unless you have a particular reason for adding the .idea folder to be tracked, I would add it to git ignore.
4) If you want to comply with pep8,
https://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0008/#package-and-module-names
your module should be called bondlab or bond_lab if really necessary.

For #1) I would add the folder for the actual module in there as bondlab or bond_lab.  I prefer the former (in keeping with numpy, scipy, pandas naming conventions, but that is personal preference.)

#2) I assume you are just looking to start using version control for your project.  use the git clone <https://github.com/glennmschultz/Bond_Lab.git> if that is the case.

#3 add the .idea folder to the gitignore

#4) see #1 resolution

I'll send a pull request with these changes if you like them.

Ivan