Problem encountered using v3.5

Ben S ben.schiek at gmail.com
Sat Oct 10 19:16:14 EDT 2015

Working on a Windows 7 64 bit machine, I installed 64 bit python v3.5.  Was
able to pip install a number of basic packages like numpy, pyamml, and nltk
(off the Christoph Gohlke page).

Did not test numpy or the other packages too much, but did explore nltk and
encountered major flaw: Much of the functionality is available (eg.
tokenize functions work fine), and I am able to import corpora; however
when I try to examine the contents of the corpora using for eg.
"brown.words()" I got an AttributeError.  I posted the issue at SO and see
there that a few other people are having similar problems.  A link to my SO
post is below, or just google "Stack Overflow Python AttributeError when
calling nltk Brown corpus."

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/33041621/python-attributeerror-when-calling-nltk-brown-corpus

I am going to install the 32 bit python v3.5 to see if that works.

Thanks,
Ben