Recover data over the network

Steven D'Aprano steve at pearwood.info
Fri Oct 9 19:10:04 EDT 2015

On Sat, 10 Oct 2015 04:12 am, Arshpreet Singh wrote:

> Hello Python and People!
>
> I want to write a small Python application which will be able to 1.recover
> data from server and 2.send it to another server.

What do you mean, "recover data from a server"? What has happened to the
server? Can it boot or is it in an unbootable state? Are the hard drives
physically damaged? What sort of hard drives? (Solid state, or magnetic
media?)

What makes you think this will be a "small" Python application? Do you have
limits on the maximum size? (Does the application have to fit on a floppy
disk?) Are you expecting a GUI? What OS do you want the application to run
on? (Windows, Linux, Mac OS, Android, embedded systems, something else?)

> For the 2nd part I can use scp(secure copy), Please let me know if any
> data-recovery library is available in Python to do 1st task.

Depends on what you mean by data recovery.

--
Steven