change data in large excel file(more than 240 000 rows on sheet)

alister alister.nospam.ware at ntlworld.com
Fri Oct 9 07:33:23 EDT 2015

On Fri, 09 Oct 2015 01:21:37 -0700, gall.pavgal.gall wrote:

> Thanks Laura!
> But i need to change existing excel file and if i use the optimised
> reader, i can read data only, but i can't change data.

I know it does not help but if you have this amount of data being stored
in a spreadsheet you are probably using the wrong technology.

This sounds like a typical example of miss-using a spreadsheet as a
database.

once your current issue is resolved you may want to investigate moving
the data to a more sensible format.

/ We Klingons believe as you do -- the    \
| sick should die. Only the strong should |
| live.                                   |
| -- Kras, "Friday's Child", stardate     |
\ 3497.2                                  /
   \
    \
        .--.
       |o_o |