Installation problem

paul.hermeneutic at gmail.com paul.hermeneutic at gmail.com
Thu Oct 8 10:30:47 EDT 2015

On Oct 8, 2015 7:31 AM, "MICHAEL" <w4wyi at comcast.net> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Please forgive a new user's ignorance.
>
> I am trying to install Python 3.5.0 on my laptop (Windows 10). The
default installation directory is shown as c:\Users\(my user
name)\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python35-32. However, if I select
Custom Install then the default installation directory is c:\Program
Files(x86)\Python3.5.

I would like to see Python in use as much as anyone. However, I am not sure
we are doing users or ourselves much of a favor encouraging pieces of the
language be distributed in so many kits.

I do not know, but it does not seem that Java has much of this problem.
Everyone seems to know that Java should be installed on the system. There
is a clear way to have multiple versions of Java on one system.

There would be benefits in having a well structured way to do it. I am not
suggesting that other ways should be prohibited.

This approach would fit well with the Python maxim to pick one really good
way to do it.