Installation problem

MICHAEL w4wyi at comcast.net
Thu Oct 8 09:25:41 EDT 2015

Hello,

Please forgive a new user's ignorance.

I am trying to install Python 3.5.0 on my laptop (Windows 10). The default installation directory is shown as c:\Users\(my user name)\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python35-32. However, if I select Custom Install then the default installation directory is c:\Program Files(x86)\Python3.5.

In either case, after the installation is complete I cannot find a Python3.5 directory under Program Files(x86) or the Users\... directory. The python.exe file can be located under c:\OpenOffice. Other python files are found scattered all over my hard drive in locations such as c:\ HamRadio\WSJT, or c:\Program Files(x86)\Cyberlink, or c:\CHIRP, or a variety of other directories, but never in the designated installation directory.

Scattered files include:
python.exe (in Open Office)
python27.dll (in CHIRP)
pythoncom27.dll (in CHIRP)
python33.dll (in HamRadio\WSJT)
python25.dll (in "Koan c:\Program Files(x86)\Cyberlink)

I assume these various .dll files are used in the various other programs I have installed but I cannot understand, at the moment, why the main python program does not appear in the designated installation directory.

Any ideas or suggestion you may have are most welcome and appreciated.

Thanks very much,
Mike Wolcott