PySide window does not resize to fit screen

Hedieh Ebrahimi hemla21 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 2 09:10:56 EDT 2015

Thanks Laura,

In my user interface I have many group boxes that are located inside the main widget. All the group boxes and their child widgets have fixed sizes.

How can I use the width and height I get from availableGeometry or ScreenGeometry to multiply

screenGeometry = QApplication.instance().desktop().screenGeometry()
availGeometry = QApplication.instance().desktop().availableGeometry()
width, height = availGeometry.width(), availGeometry.height()

to resize my geometry by a ratio? Is this a good approach?