python response slow when running external DLL

jfong at ms4.hinet.net jfong at ms4.hinet.net
Sat Nov 28 22:04:23 EST 2015

Laura Creighton at 2015/11/28 UTC+8 6:52:25PM wrote:
> I never saw the reply that Peter is replying to.
> The threading module constructs a higher level interface on top of the
> low level thread module.  Thus it is the preferred way to go for
> standard Python code -- and even Fredrik's recipe contains the
> line:
> 	import thread # should use the threading module instead!
>
> Laura
Hi! Laura,

takes the porting of an old BCB GUI program as an exercise in my learning python, I just quickly grab the required tools (mainly the tkinter) in python to complete this "work" and get a feeling of how python performs on doing this. Most of my knowledge of python comes from Mark Lutz's book "Learning python" and "Programming python". I didn't dive into this language deeply yet. There are topics about "_thread" and "threading" modules in the book and I just pick the lower level one for this because the "threading" is based on the "_thread".

Thanks for your note and link.

--Jach