Late-binding of function defaults (was Re: What is a function parameter =[] for?)

Marko Rauhamaa marko at pacujo.net
Fri Nov 27 06:30:54 EST 2015

BartC <bc at freeuk.com>:

> I think [functions] are more first class in Lisp than they are in most
> other languages including Python.

Functions in Python and Lisp have the same status.

I would say that Python is one of the many modern Lisp derivatives. What
Python still lacks is:

 * A way to augment the language syntax on the fly. (How could I add an
   "until" statement to Python in my Python application?)

 * A unified syntax for code and data. (Why use braces for dictionaries
   instead of indentation?)

Marko