python response slow when running external DLL

jfong at ms4.hinet.net jfong at ms4.hinet.net
Fri Nov 27 06:14:40 EST 2015

Peter Otten at 2015/11/27  UTC+8 5:19:17 PM wrote:

Hi! Peter, thanks for your prompt reply.

> What does var_status.set() do? If it writes to stdout you may just need to
> flush().

   var_status is a StringVar which binds to a lable's textvariable. I use this label as the status bar to show message.

> Do you see the same behaviour when you replace mydll.SayHello() with
> something simple like time.sleep(1)?

    I use time.sleep(3) to replace mydll.SayHello(), still get the same.

> As a general remark keep your test scripts as simple as possible. Example:
> If
>
> import mydll
> print("Download...", end="")
> mydll.SayHello()
> print("OK")
>
> showed the same behaviour it would be the ideal test script.

    I run the above statements in a test file, it works as expected. I can see "Download..." and then "OK".