Object identity has no necessary connection to memory location

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Thu Nov 26 15:00:56 EST 2015

Dave Farrance <df at see.replyto.invalid> writes:

> Hence
>
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scare_quotes

I saw the scare quotes. They still communicate your position that object
identity “should” be reliably connected to the object's memory location.

Either you don't hold that position, in which case your original
statement was as ambiguous as this most recent one you wrote; or you do
hold that position, and my response stands.

--
 \       “When I was little, my grandfather used to make me stand in a |
  `\   closet for five minutes without moving. He said it was elevator |