Late-binding of function defaults (was Re: What is a function parameter =[] for?)

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Thu Nov 26 00:08:27 EST 2015

Ned Batchelder <ned at nedbatchelder.com> writes:

> For someone who claims to be interested in language design, you're
> remarkably dismissive of pretty much the entire industry. I don't
> think it's worth the effort to try to change your mind.

+1.

BartC, when you want to join us in discussions on good faith – that is,
honestly wanting to learn Python rather than dogmatically persisting in
your misperceptions dogmatically onto it – we'll still be here, making
happy use of Python the way it is.

--
 \       “Facts are meaningless. You could use facts to prove anything |
  `\                that's even remotely true!” —Homer, _The Simpsons_ |